Update on git conversion
Gerald (Jerry) Carter
jerry at samba.org
Thu Oct 4 17:01:18 GMT 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>> +1 on switching for Samba 4 iff that means we would be able to use
>> submodules. Otherwise, I see no reason to also switch Samba 4
> *right now. It would make sense to wait until the "probation"
> period for Samba 3 is over.
It's not up to me to make any executive decision regarding
the SAMBA_4_0 tree. That would be up to you guys. We can
still cherry-pick fixes from Samba 4 using the git-svn mirror
we have already so I don't think that it's an inhibitor to
sharing code. That said, it will mean that merging from the
3.2 code base will be manual.
That said, I believe that it is a good thing for all Samba
devs to be using the same VCS core tools to technical and
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v126.96.36.199 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the samba-technical