BUG: vfs-cifs hangs from windows explorer: access denied: cause write size

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Nov 30 02:20:17 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 12:19 +0000, Amin Azez wrote:
> Well this is the patch that proves the bug; sadly the client doesn't
> take the hint, and keeps sending large writes, but at least the files
> get saved.
>
> I/we still need to work out how to propagate the real limit.
>
> I think we ought to have this patch as a safety net; and if not the
> solution, at least the warning.

Regardless of if the client should be doing this, perhaps we should
write a torture test that verifies this behaviour?  That would allow us
to prove that truncating the writes is the correct thing to do, and
ensure we don't regress on this.

The Samba testsuite can then run this as part of 'make test'.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.