Need small clarification about commit locations and BTS bugs

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Sat Nov 17 07:03:51 GMT 2007

Hello,

To properly maintain the Debian changelog and Debian bugs, I need a
small explanation about the following:

obnox at samba.org changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
                 CC|                            |obnox at samba.org
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED

------- Comment #2 from obnox at samba.org  2007-11-16 15:33 CST -------
Committed for v3-2-test in:
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=118fd6213d5f6419f654e9226a41d527c04346f7

and for v3-0-test in:
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=ea97a10df5732dfcc931197a01d6446ed92b7658

Michael

Does that mean that released 3.2.0 *will* have that fix or that it
*could* have that fix in case Jerry is OK to release with it?

I think it's more likely to be the latter, but I want to double check
that with you guys.

My point here to to decide whether we close the related
Debian bug when we will release samba 3.2.0, or not. Of course, we can
check samba's changelog when releaseing, but having a good picture as
early as possible will help.