Need small clarification about commit locations and BTS bugs

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Sat Nov 17 21:36:37 GMT 2007

Hi Christian,

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To properly maintain the Debian changelog and Debian bugs, I need a
> small explanation about the following:
>

> obnox at samba.org changed:
>
>            What    |Removed                     |Added
>                  CC|                            |obnox at samba.org
>              Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
>          Resolution|                            |FIXED
>

> ------- Comment #2 from obnox at samba.org  2007-11-16 15:33 CST -------
> Committed for v3-2-test in:
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=118fd6213d5f6419f654e9226a41d527c04346f7
>
> and for v3-0-test in:
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=ea97a10df5732dfcc931197a01d6446ed92b7658
>
> Michael
>

> Does that mean that released 3.2.0 *will* have that fix or that it
> *could* have that fix in case Jerry is OK to release with it?
>
> I think it's more likely to be the latter, but I want to double check
> that with you guys.

Yes you are right - it is likely but not automatic that the fix
will be in 3.2.0: Things have to be pushed from the v3-2-test branch
to the v3-2-stable branch for the relesases.

> My point here to to decide whether we close the related
> Debian bug when we will release samba 3.2.0, or not. Of course, we can
> check samba's changelog when releaseing, but having a good picture as
> early as possible will help.

I suggest that you wait for the changelog to be sure...

Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9