winbindd client connection status in 3.0.25

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Tue May 29 21:04:16 GMT 2007

The feature hasn't been dropped just the info is printed
wrong. We now always print PID 0 instead of actual PID of the
winbindd client. Seems like we lost an initialization of the
value somewhere but I cannot see where it should have been done.
Sending a SIGUSR2 on 3.0.8 did produce valid PIDs (except for
the first one)

3.0.8 log output at debug level 2 after SUGUSR2

winbindd status:
         2 clients currently active
         client list:
                 pid 0, sock 20, rbl 0, wbl 0