STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE? (sent here on advice from samba@lists.org)

Pat Riehecky prieheck at iwu.edu
Tue May 29 15:56:20 GMT 2007

Forgive me for the duplicate submission, but I was told that this was a
better topic for this list than the general questions list.

I have a user who gets some random disconnects (well not exactly, it is
more like her box goes insane randomly...explained better below).  I was
able to run a wireshark dump on her box and when the trigger action is
performed (running a report) I get a STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE.

She is in MS Access an runs a report to trigger it (then she gets about
a thousand "disk or network error" dialog boxes).  The action is 100%
repeatable and was not present on the NT4 PDC.

Relevant bits of the dump are available to the interested (but left out
to avoid spamming people).

Any help would be most appreciated!
Pat

Samba 3.0.22 / Linux 2.6.17 / (Ubuntu 6.10)

Output from testparm (removed the add user/box because you don't care)

[global]
        display charset = UTF8
        workgroup = IWU_LEARN
        server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        algorithmic rid base = 10000
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        username map = /etc/samba/users.map
        restrict anonymous = 2
        lanman auth = No
        client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
        client lanman auth = No
        client plaintext auth = No
        log level = 1
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        min protocol = NT1
        announce version = 2.0
        announce as = win95
        max mux = 100
        max xmit = 65535
        change notify timeout = 300
        deadtime = 900
        max disk size = 5240
SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        load printers = No
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 1
        lm announce = No
        preferred master = No
        domain master = No
        wins server = 192.168.132.25
        lock spin count = 30
        lock spin time = 15
        hosts allow = 192.168.132., 10., 172.16.1., 127.0.0.1
        ea support = Yes
        map acl inherit = Yes

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories