svn commit: samba r22700 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source/nsswitch SAMBA_3_0_26/source/nsswitch

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Fri May 11 16:05:34 GMT 2007

Jerry,

I am currently working on the winbind cache tdb validation
code. And i stumble about the TRUSTDOMCACHE key you added
in this checkin.

Therere already was a TRUSTDOMS key that stored the same
information except for the flags, trust attrs and type.

My main question is: Why did you not use the
centry-infrastructure of winbindd_cache.c but do tdb_pack/unpack
your own way? This integrates rather badly with the rest of
the code and makes it more difficult to write a validation function
for the new key (which is missing).

I am asking because I am sure you had deeper reasons to
proceed this way, I don't see with my somewhat superficial
understanding of the code.

Any enlightenment appreciated!

Cheers, Michael

--

i.A. Michael Adam

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9