svn commit: samba r22713 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source/nsswitch SAMBA_3_0_26/source/nsswitch

simo idra at samba.org
Mon May 7 00:28:11 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 21:04 +0000, jerry at samba.org wrote:
> Author: jerry
> Date: 2007-05-06 21:04:30 +0000 (Sun, 06 May 2007)
> New Revision: 22713
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=22713
>
> Log:
> Offline logon fixes for idmap manager:
>
> (a) Ignore the negative cache when the domain is offline
> (b) don't delete expired entries from the cache as these
>     can be used when offline (same model as thw wcache entries)
> (c) Delay idmap backend initialization when offline
>     as the backend routines will not be called until we go
>     online anyways.  This prevents idmap_init() from failing
>     when a backend's init() function fails becuase of lack of
>     network connectivity

Jerry,
this commit doesn't seem right to me.

You basically reverted some code you already committed and I changed in
3_0_25. Right now each single backend init function can cope with the
offline mode. Each one has a delayed initialization mode, so point (c)
should not be needed.

The query code should also be able to cope with offline requests, that's
the whole point of returning ID_EXPIRED, so that in case we can't really
resolve we keep it, otherwise we get the correct return.

Basically the problem of avoiding the query completely is that you also
avoid querying idmap_tdb/idmap_rid/idmap_passdb/idmap_nss. they all the
mappings and can be consulted when offline without problems.

The negative cache changes are fine.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce