SWAT Project

Syed Tanveer Hassan hassan2s at uregina.ca
Tue Mar 27 05:26:03 GMT 2007

Hi Rafal,

Quoting Rafal Szczesniak <mimir at samba.org>:

> Tanveer,
>
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 02:26:57PM -0600, hassan2s at uregina.ca wrote:
> >
> > As a part of my assignment, I implemented a simple SWAT module
> for
> > server date and time creating Gui interface, FSM design and
> > implementations and RPC service creation. I build a Gui interface
> for
> > displaying date and time with a button to start a timer event
> using
> > FSM. FSM module gets results through JSONRpc call and then refresh
> the
> > current date and time after every five seconds. If we press the
> button
> > second time, then it stops the timer.
> >
> > But for this work, I almost studied the complete API reference
> of
> > Qooxdoo.
> >
> > Today, I was also looking at your netmgr module and it sounds
> very
> > interesting to work with you.
>
> It's a start. I've checked it in after a few weeks of learning the
> toolkit itself, so I don't have a huge experience in using it yet
> (I have mostly been working on libnet and ejsnet). Luckily, I have
> Derrell to help me there and review the changes as they come in :)

Yesterday, I checked the functionality of the module and it partially
worked. I was able to see the my remote workstation name but its sub-
components of domain, users, groups, and services doesn't work yet. It
would be great if I can get any more information about its design or
your plan of work to be completed. This will really helpfule for me in
stepping forward.

> > I also want to submit my application for GSoC 2007 and it would
> be
> > great if I can work with you on some idea. Are you working as a
> mentor
> > in GSoc 2007?
>
> Yes, I am. We could discuss a project proposal if you like.

Yes, I'm interested but I can work as a part-time as I'm doing my full
time job. I can give at leat 6 hours daily for this GSoC project. For
project proposal, I actually don't have too much idea about the work
you want in SWAT. If you think that giving daily 6 hours and also
working full time on weekends works for this GSoC 2007, then I'd like
to discuss the project proposal. It is good to know that the deadline
is extended and I request for your guidence in preparing the proposal.
Thanks

Tanveer