[CTDB and GFS] some troubles joining domain

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Wed Jun 27 16:57:41 GMT 2007

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 10:32:47AM +0200, Ignacio Coupeau wrote:
>> I tested with all the netbios name to "piedra" and "use mmap = no" but
>> the results are the same... the "Segmentation fault" ended the join.
>
> If you can't get the line number for the tdb_transaction
> part of the backtrace, maybe you can get us a strace of the
> join attempt with "use mmap = no".

I added some debug lines to libsmb/trusts_util.c (see below), and the
problem comes in the call:

if (!secrets_store_machine_password(new_trust_passwd, domain,
sec_channel_type)) {...

then I think that tdb is not initialized and tdb-> points nothing:

/*
   start a tdb transaction. No token is returned, as only a single
   transaction is allowed to be pending per tdb_context
*/
int tdb_transaction_start(struct tdb_context *tdb)
{
         /* some sanity checks */
         if (tdb->read_only || (tdb->flags & TDB_INTERNAL) ||
tdb->traverse_read) {...