Changing the vfs set_nt_acl calls to return NTSTATUS.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 26 20:53:03 GMT 2007

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up that I'm in the process
of changing the Samba VFS for 3.0.26 to allow set_nt_acl, fset_nt_acl
to return NTSTATUS not simply a BOOl.

I've been investigating some newly observed behaviour with MS-Office
and we need this change to get our ACL mapping correct.

When I commit the change I'll make modifications to all
the modules affected in the modules/ directory, but I won't be
able to test many of these as they require set-ups I don't
have access to (AIX NFSv4 ACLs, AFS ACLs etc.). If your
module is affected by this change please take a look at
the new code and send in patches accordingly for 3.0.26.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.