Currently on 3.0.10 and want to upgrade to 3.0.25a

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Tue Jun 26 17:15:45 GMT 2007

---- Original message ----
>Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:52:22 -0400
>From: "Liserio, Martin (RBC Dain)" <Martin.Liserio at rbcdain.com>
>Subject: Currently on 3.0.10 and want to upgrade to 3.0.25a
>To: <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
>
>First, can I make a jump that far? Second, when I untar'd the
>opt-samba-3.0.25a-AIX.tar I only got one .bff file. Is this all there

You need the base too.

>is? Seems to me to be a big jump. Does 25a have all of the changes

Yup.

>needed between 10 and 25a? I've never installed samba and don't know
>much about it. Do I need to remove 3.0.10 first. I didn't see that on

You can remove the old version *AFTER* you've performed the upgrade. If you're looking for continuity between versions, you'll need

smbpasswd
secrets.tdb
winb*.tdb
account_policy.tdb
group_mapping.tdb

Unless, of course, you're setup for LDAP, then you should only need:

secrets.tdb
account_policy.tdb

But don't throw anything away until you know that your environment is still working as expected.

You may also want to review the release notes on the Samba site since a *lot* has changed over the last 15+ updates. :-)

>the instructions. I'm all set to install on a test box, but, I'm afraid
>to pull the trigger.

"You know what to do with that gun, Doc." :-)

Cheers,

Bill