mod_auth_ntlm_winbind now in Fedora

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Tue Jun 26 15:38:52 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 16:30:43 Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> We really need a release manager/maintainer for this.  Cutting
> RPMS out of an svn tree is probably not the best way to track
> stability :-)

Well, this mostly depends on the Apache side of things. IIRC
mod_auth_ntlm_winbind just uses an ntlm_auth wrapper to do things, much like
I do for Wine or the cyrus-sasl-ntlm plugin (also in lorikeet).

The ntlm_auth interface is pretty stable, so Apache probably is what changes
most.

> Andrew, you had looked into this in the past.  Is anyone
> interested in taking it over?

Simo already volunteered. :) After SoC, I'm happy to do this as I intend to
keep a better eye on ntlm_auth. I need to do that for Wine, anyway. Ideally,
this would go into the apache code base. :)

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin