Problem with DELETE_ON_CLOSE open_file_ntcreate()?

Todd Stecher todd.stecher at isilon.com
Tue Jun 19 21:16:27 GMT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 11:21:52AM -0700, Todd wrote:
>>
>> I'm hesitant to "fix" this (e.g. set the lock->delete_on_close bit
>> when we see the FILE_DELETE_ON_CLOSE option), because there might be
>> some subtlety I'm missing here.
>
> Another FYI: There is a subtlety here. Allowing setting the
> delete on close semantics on open is different to setting
> the delete on close semantics on an already open handle.

Sure - isn't this the "SET_FILE_INFO" variant for an already open
handle?  In this case, I'm opening an existing file directly for the
first time.

> The logic in SAMBA_3_0_25 is (I believe) correct. Once you've
> patched your 3.0.24 run the latest Samba4 smbtorture against it
> to make sure you've got the changes correct.

Thanks - it turns out that when  you use a creation_disposition of
FILE_OPEN, then info == FILE_WAS_OPENED - this results in a failure
to check the FILE_DELETE_ON_CLOSE bit in the 3.0.24 codebase - as I
mentioned, we can't upgrade, so I think I'll have to hack this
together and run smbtorture.

Unfortunately, due to our FS related divergence from the codebase, a
number of smbtorture tests fail - which would you recommend as most
pertinent in this case?

> Jeremy.

Thanks!

Todd Stecher | Windows Interop Dev
Isilon Systems    P +1-206-315-7500     F  +1-206-315-7501
www.isilon.com    D +1-206-315-7638    M +1-425-205-1180