Problem with DELETE_ON_CLOSE open_file_ntcreate()?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 19 18:25:03 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 11:21:52AM -0700, Todd wrote:

> I'm hesitant to "fix" this (e.g. set the lock->delete_on_close bit
> when we see the FILE_DELETE_ON_CLOSE option), because there might be
> some subtlety I'm missing here.

Another FYI: There is a subtlety here. Allowing setting the
delete on close semantics on open is different to setting
the delete on close semantics on an already open handle.

The logic in SAMBA_3_0_25 is (I believe) correct. Once you've
patched your 3.0.24 run the latest Samba4 smbtorture against it
to make sure you've got the changes correct.

Jeremy.