svn commit: samba r23522 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/smbd: .

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Jun 16 19:02:50 GMT 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 06:07:45PM +0000, vlendec at samba.org wrote:
> Author: vlendec
> Date: 2007-06-16 18:07:44 +0000 (Sat, 16 Jun 2007)
> New Revision: 23522
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=23522
>
> Log:
> Save us a kilobyte stack space in a hot code path: I can't see a reason
> why check_path_syntax should not be able to run in-line. The destination
> pointer either walks side by side with the source pointer or is
> decremented. So as far as I can see s>=d is true throughout the whole
> routine.
>
> Jeremy, I'm checking this only into 3_0 for now. Please review and ack
> or directly merge this to 3_0_26.

Wow - you're on a roll today :-).

The key was noticing that s>=d is always true. Well
done for spotting that. Very sharp change. I might
add a comment in the code that explains this, so we
don't ever break that assumption going forward.

I'll merge this for 3.0.26 - great change.

I wonder what effect this has on micro-benchamarks ?

Jeremy.