EPOLL_CTL_ADD failed (Bad file descriptor) in TP5

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Jun 13 03:37:10 GMT 2007

Frank,

 > Yes - this happens with just about every network operation (login,
 > folder access, file access, etc).
 >

 >         toybox:~ # smbd -i
 >         smbd version 4.0.0tp5-SVN-build-23403 started.
 >         Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2007
 >         smbd: using 'standard' process model
 >         EPOLL_CTL_ADD failed (Bad file descriptor) - falling back to
 >         select()

Does this happen with smbclient or smbtorture?

What we really need is a backtrace showing the code path that causes
this. If you attach to smbd with gdb and set a breakpoint on
events_standard.c:162 then set follow-fork-mode to child, you should
be able to catch this. Then do a "bt full" and send that to us when
the error happens.

For example:

    root at blu:/home/tridge/samba4# gdb --args bin/smbd -i
    GNU gdb 6.6-debian
    This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
    bUsing host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
    (gdb) b events_standard.c:162
    Breakpoint 1 at 0x879e788: file lib/events/events_standard.c, line 162.
    (gdb) set follow-fork-mode child
    (gdb) r
    Starting program: /home/tridge/samba/branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/bin/smbd -i
    smbd version 4.0.0tp5-SVN-build-23235 started.
    Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2007
    smbd: using 'standard' process model

Thanks!

Cheers, Tridge