How to initialize domain with windows API

Carolina Bruzzoni cbruzzoni at mecon.gov.ar
Fri Jun 8 17:43:47 GMT 2007

Hi,
We are having some problems on a workstation where we run a GINA
replacement and do 802.1x authentication on user logon, this means that
the network is not available when nobody is logged in the computer.
After the network becomes available, we try to log the user into the
domain and we get a "Unknown user name or bad password" error. If we
wait for one minute the logon works ok.
We did a series of packet captures and found out that during that time
some kind of initialization with the domain is done (which normally is
done when computer boots). We'd like to know if it is possible to
reproduce this behaviour using the windows API, in order not to have to
wait for a minute after each logon. Can anyone give us a tip on where to
look?

Thanks in advance,
Carolina Bruzzoni