svn commit: samba-docs r1120 - in trunk/smbdotconf/winbind: .

Bjoern Jacke bjoern at j3e.de
Mon Jun 4 14:19:16 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 08:47:23AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Michael Adam wrote:
>
> > For my taste, _all_ options that can be used in smb.conf
> > should also be listed in the smb.conf(5) manpager, possibly
> > marked winbindd or whatever appropriate.
> >
> > But I understand smb.conf(5) a the compendium for all options.

Michael, I'd put my 2¢ to yours, too.

> My main objection is that by this philosophy you would have
> to include all of the various VFS and imap plugin options as
> well.

I'd see the vfs modules merely as purely external extensions to Samba
(like vscan ...) and thus they would not need to be put into the main
smb.conf man page.

Winbind however is part of Samba's core and thus all Winbind options
that can be put into smb.conf should be listed there.

Bjoern