svn commit: samba-docs r1120 - in trunk/smbdotconf/winbind: .

Karolin Seeger ks at sernet.de
Mon Jun 4 14:13:11 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 08:52:00AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Do you mean that we should include all of the vfs and
> idmap plugin options in smb.conf ?  or that you agree with
> my objection ?

What about adding a reference to vfs objects section in smb.conf man page:

-----8<------------------snip--------------8<--------------
vfs objects (S)
This parameter specifies the backend names which are used for
Samba VFS I/O operations. By default, normal
disk I/O operations are used but these can be overloaded with
one or more VFS objects.

For detailed information about vfs modules see (list of vfs module man
pages).

I mean, these parametric vfs module options are not as critical as the winbind
options.

Cheers,
Karolin

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE