getting rid of mkproto.sh from Samba3

Mon Jun 4 13:24:35 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:21:25AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> I'm still not convinced that any type of autogenerated
> headers is a good thing.  I'd like to give James the chance
> to experiment some.  Maybe we'll come to the conclusion that
> the mechanisms used in the SAMBA_4_0 tree is appropriate,
> but I would like come to that conclusion myself rather
> than just accepting it on blind faith.

Just FYI: I'm scared of the Samba 4 build system, so it
would take a bit to persuade me. The Samba 3 Makefile is a
huge mess, but you have a chance. In Samba 4, no way to
figure out anything if something goes wrong.

And, I would *like* to keep our includes.h. It is a
nightmare in Samba 4 to pick all necessary includes, and
this will fill very quickly with obsolete includes if you
change something.

But that's just my 2 cents :-)

Volker