Missing userspace patches from Bugzilla #999 fix

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Sun Jun 3 17:19:34 GMT 2007

In
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2006-December/050565.html,
Dann Frazier reported that userspace patches to smbmount, reported in
#999, should be applied to completely fix that issue for 2.6 kernels.

Jerry later agreed to apply the patch
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2007-January/051069.html).

However, apparently, Jerry was waiting for an up-to-date patch and,
even if Dann mentioned that the patch from #999 should apply as is,
nothing happened later. One might suspect that each of you guys
were waiting for the other...

Here is the patch we will soon apply in Debian's samba, as Dann
suggested in Debian bug #408033 that we should deal with that
issue....and Dann is one of our kernel wizards in Debian, so...:-)