Tough question: errors while cross compiling to MIPS

Luther138 barrowsr at uwm.edu
Mon Jul 23 19:55:09 GMT 2007

I can get it to compile but I still need to apply one hack to the configure
script.
I always get this error msg:
checking for prctl... yes
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling

unless I change/comment out the following ... (line 34336 of the configure)
# glibc <= 2.3.2 has a broken getgrouplist
       if test "$cross_compiling" = yes; then
#       { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: cannot run test program while cross
compiling
#                                                                  See
\`config.log' for more details." >&5
#         echo "$as_me: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
#           See \`config.log' for more details." >&2;}
#      { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
(line added) linux_getgrouplist_ok=no

So this would imply that the problem is not with prctl but actually with
linux_getgrouplist_ ok correct? But is if set linux_getgrouplist_ok=no
before hand it will still error out.  But as long as I do that one hack to
the configure script all the rest the variables I set seem to work. ie
export SMB_BUILD_CC_NEGATIVE_ENUM_VALUES=yes ; \
export libreplace_cv_READDIR_GETDIRENTRIES=no ; \
export libreplace_cv_READDIR_GETDENTS=no ; \
export linux_getgrouplist_ok=no ; \
export samba_cv_REPLACE_READDIR=no ; \
export samba_cv_HAVE_WRFILE_KEYTAB=yes ; \
export samba_cv_HAVE_KERNEL_OPLOCKS_LINUX=yes ; \

Is this a bug or am I still doing something wrong.  FYI I am not using the
config.site meathod because I only want to add my makefile (i.e. only one
file) to the directory above /source (i.e. samba 3-0.25b), and this file
invokes the configure and runs the ../source/Makefile.  Thank you again for
your help.
-Robb