Tough question: errors while cross compiling to MIPS

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Thu Jul 19 04:21:53 GMT 2007

On 18/07/2007, at 10:11 AM, Luther138 wrote:

> First of all let me say thank you for the response James, getting
> this thing
> going is like pulling teeth for me and your help is greatly
> appretiated.
>

> James Peach-3 wrote:
>>
>> The right way to do this is to create a config.site file to preset
>> the
>> result of any configure test that depends on the result of an
>> AC_TRY_RUN.
>>

> I cleaned it up a bit by instead of editing the configure I just
> export the
> variables before hand.  I tried to look into the AC_TRY_RUN
> function but I
> couldn't find any clear examples of how to use it, mainly I am
> confused at
> what I am supposed to put in the "program" section, could you give
> me or do
> you know where I can find a decent example of this being used in a
> config.site.

You don't need to alter the AC_TRY_RUN. AC_TRY_RUN are just the
configure tests that won't get a correct result when the build arch
is not the same as the target arch. Take a look at configure.in and
search out the AC_TRY_RUN checks. These will all be wrapped in an an
AC_CACHE_CHECK. The second argument to the AC_CACHE_CHECK macro is
the name of the variable whose value you need to preload.

Here is the first few line from the config.site that I use:

samba_cv_HAVE_Wdeclaration_after_statement=yes
samba_cv_HAVE_Werror=yes
samba_cv_HAVE_w2=yes

You would then run configure like this:

	CONFIG_SITE=config.site ./configure ---blab --blah

> James Peach-3 wrote:
>>
>> You need to figure out which configure variable has the result of the
>> Linux lease support and preset it's value in config.site.
>>

> What exactly do you mean by the above statement, my issue...
>
> modules/vfs_default.o: In function `vfswrap_linux_setlease':
> vfs_default.c:(.text+0x102c): undefined reference to
> `linux_set_lease_sighandler'
> vfs_default.c:(.text+0x104c): undefined reference to `linux_setlease'
>
> ...almost doesn't seem related to the configure.  Those functions are
> defined in oplock_linux.c which doesn't seem to be getting compiled
> properly(or not at all).  The only variable that comes close to
> looking like
> it it affects it in the configure is:
> rt_signal_lease_ok=yes
> which I somehow doubt is what I am looking for.  Any idea what I
> should be
> looking for?

Set samba_cv_HAVE_KERNEL_OPLOCKS_LINUX=no in your config.site. If
this doesn't let you build, then it's a bug.

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org