[patch] hide libsmbclient's private symbols

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Tue Jul 3 14:41:08 GMT 2007

Jerry,

For some reason I don't have the original message in this thread.
Either I never received it, or it got marked as spam and has since
been deleted.  Thanks for pointing me to this!

I've reviewed the public interface to libsmbclient and I don't notice
any exceptions to the general rule of smbc_* symbols are public and
all others are local.  The public header file defines a number of
structures with different names, but that'll be included by
applications so they'll have what they need.

I've never used the loader features for specifying which are public
symbols and which are not, but assuming it works as claimed, the patch
certainly gets a +1 from me.

Derrell