Wishlist for Samba4 test subsystem

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 31 05:20:17 GMT 2007

Jelmer,

I wanted to see if you could perhaps apply some of your magic to
Samba4's test subsystem.  In particular, to reconfiguring smbd while
within the test environment.

What we need is the ability to shut down smbd, and restart it with a
different configuration.  Or, we need to be able to start a new smbd, on
a different 'IP'.  Or something...

However we achive it, I want to be able to run some of the basic tests
with smbd using Simo's LDB shares backend, and likewise with smbd using
the LDAP backend onto OpenLDAP/Fedora DS.  I want this to be part of the
normal 'make test', so that it is always tested.

Is there any chance you can factor this into your perl test work?

Thanks,