Vista and adding printer drivers

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Jan 27 03:07:10 GMT 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 01:41:23PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Martin Zielinski wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Short question: Is someone actually working on supporting the
> > DRIVER_INFO_8 struct?
>
> Nope.  Not on any todo list (although I am planning on getting
> my Vista VM up next week).

It's actually documented here :

although how much this corresponds with what is on
the wire is anyone's guess.

What does Vista do when adding a driver to a downlevel
server (ie. Windows 2000) - what is the message returned
on the wire that makes it fall-back to level 6 ?

Can you post an ethereal capture of that traffic ?

Jeremy.