svn commit: samba r20924 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/webapps/swat/source/class/swat/module/ldbbrowse: .

simo idra at samba.org
Sun Jan 21 00:01:20 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 14:38 -0500, derrell at samba.org wrote:
> idra at samba.org writes:
>
> > Change the way searches are performed, also change a bit the layouts Derrel
> > I am experimenting, let me know if you see anything really disgusting :)
>
> Nothing disgusting, just a few comments on ldifViewer, all of which are to
> stick with the qooxdoo standard.  I've maintained these in the Samba code
> because it makes it much easier to refer back to qooxdoo source code and have
> the same style.

I'm ok in following it.

> - The namespace is all lower case, and class names should be camel-case
>   beginning with an upper case letter.  Therefore, both the class name and the
>   file name (they MUST match) should be changed to LdifViewer.

Fixed.

> - Class variables (those associated with the class rather than with a
>   particular instance of the class) should be declared using qx.Class rather
>   than the long-hand version of the class name.  You can therefore convert the
>   declaration of swat.module.ldbbrowse.ldifViewer.empty to qx.Class.empty.
>   (When referencing it, however, you do use the long-hand name.  qx.Proto and
>   qx.Class are globals set by qx.OO.DefineClass(), and are therefore only
>   valid during the loading of the module.)

Ok, however I removed that variable as it was unused in the end.

> - The API documentation generator determines public vs protected class members
>   by a leading underscore on protected members.  I'm not sure if all of the
>   currently public methods are intended to be.

They are.

> - All of your methods are missing their API documentation. :-)

Fixed.

> - The documentation for the class was copied but not modified, so it's
>   incorrect.

Fixed.

> - I'm not sure what you're intending to do with the changeProperty call.  It
>   doesn't seem to apply...???

Leftover, removed.

> So, nothing yucky, and probably all stuff you'd be fixing up as you progress
> anyway.  Let me know if you get stuck on anything.

There is a thing I'd like to fix but I am not sure if it is possible to
do it.

The Tree widget has a bad behavior, when you click on the plus/minus
sign of a never retrieved object the object itself is loaded in the
table but it does not check if there are children on the first time.
So to actually see if an object has children you have to click on it 3
times. This is actually very annoying.

How do I make it load them on the first click on a plus sign?

Is it possible to actually click a plus/minus icon without also
selecting the clicked entry? I'd like to be able to open a tree
component without necessarily loading the object data.
The object has obviously knowledge of what you have clicked (the body or
the plus/minus icon) but I couldn't find much about how the object is
actually selected.

I think (not tested) that ones an object is loaded it is never
refreshed, is there an easy way to do it? is it possible to add an icon
to the label so that when you click that icon the object is actually
refreshed ? What if I delete an object in the ldb db? can I remove just
the objet from the tree an count on the fact that all children will
automatically be removed and resources be freed?

thanks,
Simo.

--
Simo Sorce