svn commit: samba r20403 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: libads libsmb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 16 22:21:50 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 14:11 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>
> > and aes.  As much as I hate to say this, I need to know
> > why this causes a segv on FC5.  Causing a segv to go away
> > by random changes is not a good solution.  And I hate to say
> > that because I know how bad it is to track down memory issues in
> > the krb5 libs.  I've been there recently.
> >
> > Give FC5's history with krb5 bugs and crashes, I'm not convinced
> > this is a good change.  Have you tested it with a 0 byte krb5.conf
>
> Andrew,
>
> Did you ever make any progress of debugging why the change
> works?  I'd like to revert it unless we have a reproducible
> test case that points at a bug in our code and not Fedora
> or the MIT krb5 libs.  Thanks.

Thanks for reminding me.  No, I've not had any more time debugging.  I
don't like the idea that a kinit will have different behaviour to our
internal kinit, but it's just a gut feeling.

I've had a mail saying 'I've not looked this at a for a week, you better
just revert it', sitting in my drafts folder for over a week now...