[SAMBA4] Towards another TP?

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Wed Jan 10 02:21:01 GMT 2007

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> writes:

> On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 02:05 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 15:37 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> > SWAT:  We need the new SWAT integrated with authentication, and the old
>> > scripts.  Derrell assures me that is on his plans.  Also build
>> > portability etc.
>> Build portability for SWAT specifically or in general?
>>
>> Another thing is the size SWAT, which we already discussed a bit on IRC.
>> All web apps combined are 121Mb, whereas the rest of the sources of
>> Samba are only 59 Mb combined. I think that's too much for a
>> configuration tool...
>
> We certainly need to figure out what the direction is here.  I like the
> new LDB browser, but something does seem a little out of proportion
> here.

Long term, it won't be that big.  Much of what the qooxdoo tools currently put
into the build is unnecessary (whole folders of icons, in multiple sizes, most
of which aren't used by our application).  A future version of qooxdoo should
fix that by putting into the build only those files which are actually used.
What's actually necessary is probably 5k or some other entirely trivial size.
For the time being, what we've got is the size it is, without a lot of manual
intervention.

Derrell