[SAMBA4] Towards another TP?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Wed Jan 10 01:05:29 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 15:37 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> SWAT:  We need the new SWAT integrated with authentication, and the old
> scripts.  Derrell assures me that is on his plans.  Also build
> portability etc.
Build portability for SWAT specifically or in general?

Another thing is the size SWAT, which we already discussed a bit on IRC.
All web apps combined are 121Mb, whereas the rest of the sources of
Samba are only 59 Mb combined. I think that's too much for a
configuration tool...

> RPC:  If I run 'TEST_LDAP=yes make test', then the RPC-LSA test
> segfaults, due to a timeout.  We should at least fix the timeout
> segfault, if not the reason for the timeout.
Is there any reason TEST_LDAP isn't set to yes by default? What does it
do exactly?

> Heimdal:  Love has given me a PAC patch, and once we work on an
> agreeable form for that, and the couple of other things in the diff, we
> should almost be at 'drop heimdal tarball here' stage.
Nice :-) What's the idea from that point on? Will we simply ship with
heimdal included but use an external and recent enough heimdal if found,
just like we do with popt?

> Release Notes:  We need them written for this release, and some things
> cleaned up from the previous ones.
Do we really? This is still a preview release. It's not intended to be
used for production-like things. What would the use of such release
notes be?

Cheers,

Jelmer