svn commit: samba r20519 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Jan 4 00:47:38 GMT 2007

 > > +echo "$0: building Web Application Framework (SWAT)"
 > > +make -C ../webapps/swat distclean build || exit 1
 > > +
 > >  echo "Now run ./configure and then make."
 > >  exit 0
 >
 > Derrell: We can't run make from autogen.sh...

plus that Makefile is quite wrong:

 - it relies on rsync, which we should not rely upon.

 - it forces the install to be in
   /usr/local/samba/share/swat/apps/swat. It should use the paths from
   configure as was done previously.

 - it relies on python, which we should not rely on

 - it relies on nice, which we should not use as part of
   build/install. If a user wants the build to be a lower priority
   they should use 'nice' themselves, not have it done by a Makefile

 - it relies on /usr/bin/env, which could be installed in a different
   location

 - it uses chmod +x to make a script executable. Instead it should be
   made executable in svn and in the distribution

Why is this Makefile needed at all?

Cheers, Tridge