[SAMBA4] New SWAT

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 1 21:31:12 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 15:51 -0500, derrell at samba.org wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> writes:
>
> > Derrell,
> >
> > I'm impressed by the new SWAT, and it looks like a great basis to build
> > from
>
> Thanks.
>
> > , but I'm worried: Where did the old SWAT functionality go?
> >
> > We don't seem to have any of the EJS pages any more:  Can we get these
> > back, in a window or something?  I hope we can continue to have these
> > simple form-based apps, as well as the more complex applications.
> >
> > (Provisioning a server and joining/vampiring a domain look so much
> > better in demos with a web GUI...)
>
> There must be functionality that was there that I didn't see.  I didn't
> remember seeing anything for provisioning.  I'll go back and look.  We
> certainly can make the old pages available, particularly as an interim step
> until that functionality is migrated to the new framework.

It was under 'install' in the old system.  We also had status pages, and
other things.  But more importantly, it was also a general ejs/html
system, which I expect will still be much easier for some of us to
expand (ensuring there is at least some web interface, if not a AJAX
interface, for most of Samba).