[SAMBA4] New SWAT

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Mon Jan 1 20:51:51 GMT 2007

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> writes:

> Derrell,
>
> I'm impressed by the new SWAT, and it looks like a great basis to build
> from

Thanks.

> , but I'm worried: Where did the old SWAT functionality go?
>
> We don't seem to have any of the EJS pages any more:  Can we get these
> back, in a window or something?  I hope we can continue to have these
> simple form-based apps, as well as the more complex applications.
>
> (Provisioning a server and joining/vampiring a domain look so much
> better in demos with a web GUI...)

There must be functionality that was there that I didn't see.  I didn't
remember seeing anything for provisioning.  I'll go back and look.  We
certainly can make the old pages available, particularly as an interim step
until that functionality is migrated to the new framework.

> Also, where do things fit with the User manager developed for Summer of
> Code?  I presume it's not practical to merge it with the new SWAT?

I don't remember what that project accomplished.  I am well aware of mimir's
libnet and its ability to manage users.  One of the early additional modules I
foresee being added is, in fact, a user manager module with libnet as its
backend.

Cheers,

Derrell