Managing DNs in libads only in utf8

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Feb 27 18:23:32 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 10:14 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 12:58:28PM -0500, simo wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 09:39 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > >
> > > I think this patch introduces far more complexities
> > > than it fixes, and I vote -1 on it.
> >
> > I'll try to stay calm, and ask you politely to read the whole thread
> > before commenting on random pieces of it :)
> >
> > Also, what 5 lines patch?
>
> That's funny Simo, I'm going to ask you to do
> the same, starting with the 5 lines patch I
> first posted that might fix the problem
> raised by the submitter :-).

Ahh now I get it, you are speaking of the patch to fix the possible
escaping problem, well .. if you would have read the thread you would
have realized this is _another_ problem :-)
Plus that patch was never posted to samba-technical afaik, so show me
the code :-)

> Your extra code is simply not needed in this
> case. Under what case do we not tell people
> to change to "unix charset = utf8" ?

In any case they can't ?
Why do we have the option at all ?

Simo.