[SAMBA4] SWAT2 maintainer?

paul paul at subsignal.org
Fri Aug 31 11:07:43 GMT 2007

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> On the flip side, should we make this aspect of SWAT an external project
> - it would seem useful well beyond Samba4, why lock it up?  Perhaps it
> could attract more and useful developer attention elsewhere?
While SWAT2 is cool, IMO trying to force people to use quoxdoo is not a
good idea. The result is yet another webapp (console hopping anywhere?).
I'd rather have a management API of some sort with language bindings for
say ruby or python. Different people have different needs. Some might
want to write webmin plugins, some prefer CIM/WBEM providers...

I apologise if such an API already exists (docs?) and a haven't looked
hard enough.

just my 2cent
  Paul