[Samba 4] Do some more tests

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 30 21:59:18 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 08:03 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi abartlet!
>
> Yes you got it right, it maybe won't be used to much from the admins.
> Okay, but I think since the MS Server supports the old administrative
> tools, also Samba 4 should support they like Samba 3. That the NT User
> Manager for Domains is now completely broken (bug #4820) I find
> completely inacceptable. But it isn't clear to me what SVN version did
> it, because before it worked better!'

With that bug having described a number of different things over it's
life, I'm unfortunetly rather confused.  I can't reproduce your simple
'can't use usrmgr' failure:  When I log into my WinXP workstation as a
domain administrator, and launch usrmgr.exe, it loads the initial user
list fine.

Can you please list the exact steps to reproduce this failure, and
describe exactly what doesn't work at this stage?  I'm just a bit stuck
and confused at this point.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.