IPv6 support in various Linux distros

David Holder david.holder at erion.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 20:10:28 GMT 2007

The current status of IPv6 and Samba is covered in my presentation from
SambaXP (see http://www.ipv6consultancy.com/ipv6blog/?p=8).

Samba4 IPv6 support is server side only and requires my IPv6 hack (see
http://www.ipv6consultancy.com/ipv6blog/?p=12).

Good progress on IPv6 has been made with the Linux CIFS client.

If you have any further questions please let me know. I am presenting an
update on IPv6 and Samba later this year and hopefully there will be more
progress before year end.

Regards,
David
Dr David Holder CEng FIET MIEEE
Erion Ltd, Oakleigh, Upper Sutherland Road, Halifax, HX3 8NT
Web: http://www.erion.co.uk
Reception: +44 (0)1422 207000
Direct Dial: +44 (0)131 2026317
Cell: +44 (0) 7768 456831

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
VAT Number: GB 698 3633 78