[SAMBA4] SWAT2 maintainer?

Derrell Lipman derrell at samba.org
Thu Aug 30 12:40:43 GMT 2007

On 8/30/07, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> I've had some issues with the LDB Browser in Samba4 - it doesn't seem to
> like displaying the user records, probably the new password attribute.
>
> Derrell:  You did the initial work on this right?  Do you intend to look
> after it long-term, or did you pass that on to someone else?  Where does
> the LDB browser fit into this?

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I did the initial work and then Simo added a bunch of
functionality.  Given that he's actively involved in what's going on
and I'm so swamped with other things that I'm lucky to read all of the
samba-technical messages, he's probably a much better person to look
into the current problems.  I'll be glad to provide assistance if he
has any issues.

> As we move to the alpha, how should we describe SWAT in terms of status?

See my other message.  I'd like to think that SWAT2 has a future, but
I don't see myself having the time to add lots of modules.  Modules
are not hard to add once one gains some experience with developing
qooxdoo apps, but it probably does require that some people decide
that they want to work on it.  Again, I'll be glad to offer
assistance; I just don't, unfortunately, have the available bandwidth
to commit to adding modules and new functionality myself.

Cheers,

Derrell