parallel connection

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 29 21:45:01 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 14:10 -0700, Dong Li wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> Recently I am using smbtorture in the Samba 4.0.0 TP5 for some testing.
> I am trying to add a test which uses multiple threads and each thread
> uses torture_open_connection to create a connection to a CIFS share and
> then uses torture_close_connection to close it.

Just to be clear, did you use multiple threads (ie pthreads), multiple
processes, or a state machine within a process?

> It won't fail when I use these two functions to create-close connection
> multiple times in a serial manner. However, when multiple (e.g., five)
> threads create-close connection at the same time the test fails and some
> connections can't be closed (with the error message "tdis failed
> (no_error)").
>

> Can anyone show me any clue to find the cause of this problem?

If you were using Kerberos, there were a number of bugs in our handling
of the kerberos credentials, which are fixed in current SVN.  This
resolved may of our multiple connection issues that we were seeing in
the testsuite.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.