bug in samba-3.0.25c includes.h

Björn Jacke bj at SerNet.DE
Thu Aug 23 15:53:12 GMT 2007

On 2007-08-22 at 14:02 -0700 Herb Lewis sent off:
> Following code is found in includes.h
>
> #ifndef ENOATTR
> #define ENOATTR ENODATA
> #endif
>
> however there is no test for ENODATA being defined.
> I'm getting compile failures because neither ENOATTR
> nor ENODATA is defined on my FreeBSD system. We probably
> need a configure test for this. Otherwise what is in
> other FreeBSD files is
>
> #ifndef ENODATA
> #define ENODATA EAGAIN
> #endif

this was required for Solaris. All systems I checked either knew ENODATA or
set ENOATTR to ENODATA, also the FreeBSD machines in the build farm.

Maybe we should use something like

#if ! defined(ENOATTR) && defined(ENODATA)
#define ENOATTR ENODATA
#endif

instead ... Or even limit it to "... && defined(SUNOS5)" to be most strict.

Bjoern