samba 4 provisioning error

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 7 12:22:45 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 21:41 +1000, jupiter.hce at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the source from svn repository recently, I was able to
> build it, but could not provision it. Please see following error
> information.
>
> Samba version:
>
> #define SAMBA_VERSION_MAJOR 4
> #define SAMBA_VERSION_MINOR 0
> #define SAMBA_VERSION_RELEASE 0
> #define SAMBA_VERSION_TP_RELEASE 6
> #define SAMBA_VERSION_SVN_REVISION 23964
> #define SAMBA_VERSION_OFFICIAL_STRING "4.0.0tp6-SVN-build-23964"
> #define SAMBA_VERSION_STRING "4.0.0tp6-SVN-build-23964"
>

> ./setup/provision --domain=OPENCHANGE --realm=OPENCHANGE.LOCAL
> --adminpass=exinda

When reporting errors such as these (that end in an abort or sig11), it
is much more useful if you run it like:

gdb --args bin/smbscript ./setup/provision --domain=OPENCHANGE
--realm=OPENCHANGE.LOCAL --adminpass=exinda

You will also need to have run with the ./configure --enable-developer
option.

In terms of this particular error, have you run 'make install' after you
did the SVN update?  Is this from a clean tree (many samba crash issues
'go away' after a make clean, due to incomplete dependencies).  BTW, to
make 'make clean all' run faster, use ccache.

Thanks for the report.  I hope with these extra details, we can get to
the bottom of it.