Samba4 alpha soon?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 7 13:26:20 GMT 2007

I'm looking over the bugs being reported to me over the past few weeks,
and I think it's worth rewarding those people who have picked up random
SVN snapshots with an actual alpha release.

We are pretty close to the goals we listed for an alpha, with MMC write
support, and access control (we should have NT ACLs on LDAP soon).

I have a list of features for the next two alphas in:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba-4.0.0alpha1
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba-4.0.0alpha2

I would like to release an alpha1 (perhaps without the cluster code, if
that's not fully landed by that time) within the next two weeks.

Thoughts?