Samba update LDAP password

Alan Orlič Belšak alan.orlic at zd-lj.si
Thu Aug 2 11:05:44 GMT 2007

Hello,

just one question, is it really the only way to update both, Samba and
LDAP password to activate SSL on server? I'm using this in smb.conf:
ldap passwd sync = yes
unix password sync = no
passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
passwd chat debug = yes

and get this error:
ldapsam_update_sam_account: failed to modify user with uid = xxxx,
error: Operation requires a secure connection.

I'd really like to update LDAP password at the same time as Samba
password, because we'll use LDAP also for other authentications.

Alan