wbinfo -u (security = ads) does not show computers after upgrade to 3.0.25b any more

Hansjörg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Wed Aug 1 14:03:33 GMT 2007

Hi

> I'd have to look at the svn logs.  I don't remember a specific
> change here.  Is this causing your a problem?  Or are you just
> curious?

we do not have problems at the moment, I recognized the errors below and
thought,
that they might be related to the fact, that the computers did not show
up in wbinfo -u .

> The error msg is technically correct.  Whether this is a problem
> for you depends.  Windows clients in an AD domain use the machine
> trust account for browsing for DFS referrals.
>
> In this case (also for using the idmap ad backend), I set
> a username map script like so:
>
>     #!/usr/bin/perl
>     print "compguest\n" if ( $ARGV[0] =~ /.*\$$/ );
>
> and map all machines to the Unix user compguest.

ok, I will give it a try.

Thank you very much

greetings from munich

hansjörg

> cheers, jerry
> Samba                                    ------- http://www.samba.org
> Centeris                         -----------  http://www.centeris.com
> "What man is a man who does not make the world better?"      --Balian

Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

Institut fuer Robotik und Mechatronik

Dr. Hansjörg Maurer

LAN- und Systemmanager