[SAMBA4] we should create just one test environment

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sun Apr 29 20:11:06 GMT 2007

Andrew,

 > This way, if we want to reproduce any test, we just start 'make
 > testevn', and don't have to figure out which testevn we want.
 > Similarly, we always have a DC or two, and a member server running, and
 > you just target the tests at the appropriate hosts.

yes, I like this. We create a test network rather than a test server.

The disadvantage is that the network will tend to grow a lot. To test
clustering we will need at least 4 smbd daemons running, as otherwise
all the different inter-node patterns aren't tested. That could lead
to quite a large list of processes running :)

Cheers, Tridge