wrt inotify problem

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Apr 10 23:03:19 GMT 2007

Volker,

 > Ok, this is really broken. SELinux allows us to set up
 > everything necessary for inotify but then when something
 > happens gives us an access denied? Very weird. Trying to
 > find a fix.

Just a wild guess, but I would not be surprised if the problem is our
security context. If we setup the notify as one euid and try to handle
the notify as a different euid then maybe selinux refuses it.

Might we worth writing a bit of test code, and if this guess does turn
out to be right, we can fix with some euid hacks on -1/EACCES.

Cheers, Tridge