wrt inotify problem

simo idra at samba.org
Thu Apr 12 21:29:07 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 18:29 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:17:58PM -0400, simo wrote:
> > > Ok, this is really broken. SELinux allows us to set up
> > > everything necessary for inotify but then when something
> > > happens gives us an access denied? Very weird. Trying to
> > > find a fix.
> >
> > Yes I think this is what happens, I will have a fixed policy tomorrow
> > hopefully.
>
> Can you do me a favor and test the attached patch. It
> compiles for me, but I did not run it yet, so it might well
> segfault or eat your hard disk.
>
> Please check it in if it helps for you.

This patch seems to cure it, no messages in the logs, and no long
timeouts to get directory contents. Of course the proper fix for the
SELinux case is to have the right policy, but I guess if there are
legittimate cases where the ioctl may fail that justify putting this
patch in anyways.

Ideas?

Simo.

--