Fixed exclude_dir in the recycle vfs

Jon Gough jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au
Fri Apr 6 02:26:00 GMT 2007

Jeremy,
    I cannot test this change as I get the following error

Apr  6 10:07:25 saturn smbd[3745]:   The module was compiled against
SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION 21,
Apr  6 10:07:25 saturn smbd[3745]:   current SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION is 16.
Apr  6 10:07:25 saturn smbd[3745]:   Please recompile against the
current Samba Version!

I have installed samba.Version 3.0.24-3.fc6 from an RPM on my system.
I have checked out the latest Samba 3.0 release base and compiled
that. I have taken the recycle.so module from that and put it into
the samba runtime area. I have had to remove this due to the error
above. When will the version 21 of the interface be in the mainstream RPMs?

I presume your change is to make the system look for non-root
directories and exclude those, ie

recycle:exclude_dir = temp Downloads

will find directories like:

/temp
/mydir/temp
/mydir/Downloads

but as I cant test it currently what happens with

/temporary

Is this excluded as the root of the name is in the exclude list?

/mydir/temp/goodstuff

Is goodstuff ignored due to matching the 'temp' part of the path?

The code I supplied required

recycle:exclude_dir = temp/ Downloads/

and would find
  /temp/
/Downloads/

buy not

/temporary/

or

/mystuff/temp

However, all subordinate (child) directories would be ignored, ie

/temp/goodstuff

would be ignored.

Regards
     Jon

At 05:55 5/04/2007, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 09:39:03AM +1100, Jon Gough wrote:
> > Jerry,
> >    I have not heard from you and I have not seen the change turn up
> > in the SVN source library. I have attached the latest change I
> > supplied again just in case the old one got lost. (this is against
> > the CURRENT 3_0_release base) .
> >
> >    Can you give me some indication of when this fix will either be
> > accepted or rejected.
>
>Sorry Jon,
>
>         I'm not too keen on this change. Here is something I
>think might do a more natural fix for the "exclude dir"
>parameter. Can you test it out and let me know please ?
>
>Jeremy.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000730-4, 05/04/2007
Tested on: 6/04/2007 12:26:05 PM