svn commit: samba r22037 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/build/smb_build: .

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Mon Apr 2 20:23:01 GMT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> jpeach at samba.org schrieb:
>> Author: jpeach
>> Date: 2007-04-02 17:29:03 +0000 (Mon, 02 Apr 2007)
>> New Revision: 22037
>>
>> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=22037
>>
>> Log:
>> Make sure STATICDIR exists before linking a static archive.
>
> Hi James,
>
> thanks for splitting up this commit:-)
>
> have you thought about the $< vs.*.c yet?

I think the right thing might be to require GNU Make for $srcdir !=
$builddir. If you search the automake mailing list, there are claims
that GNU Make is the only make that implements VPATH "correctly".

So the trick is to actually implement this. Since configure doesn't do
substitutions on main.mk AFAICT, probably the best thing to do is to
have the perl build tools emit the default build rules somewhere.

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org